The laboratory started in 1998, the same time the hospital started. It has undergone series of assessments, external and internal audit from MLSCN, CDC, WHO, MOH Enugu State, CCCRN, FMOH etc. The laboratory is registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN) (as a Private Medical Laboratory: (PML/2461)). The laboratory and the hospital share the same mission and vision.
A call-duty service is available; this is the reason for 24hrs of services provided.
WEEKLY ACTIVITIES AND SCHEDULE:
Monday to Sunday - 7:30am - 4:00pm
LABORATORY HOTLINES ARE:
CALL HOURS - [Official Working Hour] Sometimes, depends on the nature of the emergency (Saturdays/Sunday/public holidays)
ASHE will provide excellent, affordable and effective specialist hospital (laboratory) services for all the people living in Enugu State and its environs based on Christian charity and the rights of all to be treated with dignity and kindness. Documents in the Laboratory: The ASHE laboratory as a registered laboratory with the Medical Laboratory Science Council in the country and as they are practising the Quality Management System (QMS) according to ISO 15189 have some very important documents which are readily available in the facility (though controlled) and is open for anyone who want to read. The documents are: Clients’ Handbook, Quality Manual, SOPs and Safety Manual. These documents are reviewed periodically.
Annunciation Specialist Hospital Emene, Enugu (ASHE) Laboratory is a state-of-the art laboratory that provides specialized laboratory services: Haematology/Blood Group Serology, Clinical Chemistry, Hormones, PCR, Medical Microbiology, Serology and Virology. The Laboratory is located within the hospital as one of the departments.
Our mission and purpose is to share in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ through the provision of health services that are based on a holistic approach and that affirms the dignity of the people we serve.
1. Routine Investigation/Diagnosis.
Medical Microbiology (MMCB),
Parasitology (P), and Serology (S),
Clinical Chemistry and Hormonal assay
Haematology (H) and Immunology (I),
2. Research study, Academic and Non-Academic Projects: Students (undergraduates and post graduates) of different scope (B.Sc./BMLS/M.SC/PhD/Fellowship/Others) are allowed to run their academic projects in ASHE Laboratory. Also some NGOs do their projects here as well.
3. Training: The laboratory has annual schedule to train and retrain its staff, train the hospital workers especially the waste handlers, some vendors, hospital drivers and every newly employed staff of the hospital. Also, some Institutions of Technology registered and recognised by the MLSCN e.g. SMLT Ehalumona, Nsukka periodically send their students for laboratory postings.
4. Mobile laboratory: The Laboratory undertakes mobile clinic services, but such exercise attracts extra charge for the services rendered. The laboratory can embark on outreach (both within the state and outside the state), going to institutions/organisations/churches to collect specimen from the members, sometimes to homes and offices. There is no annual schedule; the services are attended as the need arises.
5. Mentorship and supervision: the laboratory according to need, undertake mentorship and supervisory services to sections/departments within the Annunciation Specialist hospital, community health centres, and clinics both within and outside the state.
Only a life lived in the service to others is worth living.
“Meet Our Admins”